When you start to look for the best Fitbit for men, you realize that there are a lot of choices out there.
Depending on the man that is going to wear it, the variables get even wider. While most fitness trackers are great to pick up all your activities and give you accurate data, the Fitbit’s models always stand out.
But the Fitbit family is getting bigger every season. That’s why we give you the best Fitbit for man depending on the needs and the type of man that is going to be wearing it.
- 1 Best Fitbit for Men Table
- 2 Best Fitbit For Men Depending on Their Needs
- 3 Best Fitbit for Men to Run
- 4 Best Fitbit for Men Overall
- 5 Best Fitbit for Weight-lifting and Workouts
- 6 Best Fitbit for the Fashionable Men
- 7 Finding the Right Activity Trackers for Men
- 8 What To Look For in the Best Fitbit for Men
Best Fitbit for Men Table
|Fitbit Charge 2||Run|
Best Fitbit For Men Depending on Their Needs
Not all men are going to use the same Fitbit, depending on their workout routine and their style they are going to have special needs so we divide the different models depending on the man that is going to be wearing it.
Best Fitbit for Men to Run
Men that like to run have different necessities as well. They need a tracker that can perform the basics like count steps and pace but the data that is going to make a real difference is without a doubt the possibility to track the heart rate, so they can know how their heart goes through the different speeds and resistance levels.
The Charge 2 is the new version of the Charge HR featuring a handful of improvements in some key areas. For example the built-in PurePulse technology, which keeps tracks and reports of your heart rate while you’re on the go. Plus, it can still monitor your sleep so you can take that post-jog afternoon nap.
Another plus that comes with the Charge 2 is that with a tap-activated OLED display, (that is much larger now) you don’t have to pull out your phone to check the time or see who’s calling you. Now you can check it all on your wrist and it also will show you the time and the day.
Perfect for those man’s that like to be in the zone and hitting the last mile before they get home, they don’t want the distraction of having to whip out their cellphone to check who’s calling.
The Charge 2 has the design of a fitness tracker, not a bracelet or anything that looks like a “fashion” type of wearable.
Another handy feature is the multi-sport mode, men can tap on the display once for running, tap on it again for biking, and so on depending what they need.
Another improvement from The Charge HR is that the Charge 2 comes with dedicated functions for recording workouts. So you can track not only your running but also, hiking, biking, and elliptical workouts. And by using the interval mode, the tracker will tell you when to stop and start an activity.
Last but not least another great feature is the Cardio Fitness Score. It’s a combo hardware-software feature. The tracker will use your resting heart rate, some of your exercise data and your profile information, and it will give you a heart-health score, that you can find on the heart rate section of the mobile app.
- PurePulse continuous, automatic wrist-based heart rate tracking to better measure calorie burn all day
- See call, text & calendar notifications on the OLED display; Automatically track how long and how well you sleep and wake with a silent vibrating alarm
- Maximize your workouts using simplified heart rate zones (Fat Burn, Cardio and Peak)
- Cardio Fitness Score; Use Connected GPS during run mode to see real-time stats like pace and distance on your wrist
- Track all-day activity like steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes
Best Fitbit for Men Overall
This is the most complete smartwatch from Fitbit and yes you hear that right this one is a Smartwatch, meaning that not only will be able to outperform any fitness tracker out there but it will also include smart features such as paying from your wrist!
When it comes to tracking abilities this is the pick of the mountain there’s no better tracker than the Ionic featuring all the tracking abilities that anyone would love. From built-in GPS, full hear rate monitor, automatic exercises detection, swim-proof, SpO2 sensor and much more!
This tracker comes with the cool Coach feature that will give you tailored workouts that will show you exactly what to do, and every time you complete one you can supply feedback so Fitbit Coach can work out whether you need something easier or harder next time to improve your exercises and fitness levels.
You can also download all your favorite apps and store up to 2.5 G of music from different music apps such as Spotify or from your own devices. Of course, this tracker has a powerful Bluetooth 4.0 connection, and a 4-day battery life that comparing with any other smartwatch in the market is at least two times better than the best models out there.
You have a lot of choices when it comes to bands so you can use it all the time without losing any tracking of your day
- Start dynamic personalized workouts on your wrist with step-by-step coaching
- Store and play 300+ songs or download stations from Pandora or playlists from Deezer
- Use built-in GPS/GLONASS to track pace, distance & routes and get Pure Pulse continuous heart rate tracking & real-time zones
- Access your favorite apps for sports, weather & more and make payments on the go with a built-in NFC chip
- Track runs, swims (Fitbit Ionic is water-resistant to 50 meters), rides, workouts, all day activity and sleep with 4+ day battery life (varies with use & other factors)
Best Fitbit for Weight-lifting and Workouts
To track your workout you need a reliable tracker that can handle different types of routines and can track your sessions as well. When you go hardcore and need to track your Weight-lifting activities you need that the smartwatch can count accurately so you can have the best from your overall performance and improve weekly
The Surge is great for men that like to have a good track of their workouts and get the best from it. This smartwatch was made with exercise in mind. With a built-in GPS tracking, allows you to have a track of your distance, pace, and elevation climbed, you can also review your running routes and split times.
The Surge is great for the man that need all the features to track their workouts routines such as heart rate monitor, and, most importantly, Multi-Sport and SmartTrack. The last two are great for different types of sports and workouts, so you can tell your Tracker the exact workout that you’re doing. This way, it can be as accurate as possible, and it won’t be counting all your sweet biceps curls as steps.
The pure pulse heart rate track gives you continuous, wrist-based heart rate and simplified heart zones to boost up your cardio endurance. And to make it even better, these stats wirelessly sync with your smartphone for in-depth analysis.
No matter if you need it for Weight-lifting or something else this smartwatch can keep track of cycling, running, cross-training, and cardio, providing precise workout summaries with tailored metrics, intensity levels, and calories burned all on your wrist.
- Track workouts & view workout summaries; plus all day activities including steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes
- GPS Tracking
- Get continuous, automatic, wrist-based heart rate and simplified heart rate zones
- Monitor your sleep automatically and wake with a silent alarm
- See call and text notifications on the touchscreen display
- Sync stats wirelessly and automatically to your computer and over 150 leading smartphones
Best Fitbit for the Fashionable Men
For those man’s that need to track their activities but would like to have a tracker that can be worn everywhere at any time. That can also look good when they have a nice dinner or a meeting they need a Fitbit like the Blaze.
The Bands form the Blaze come in metal and leather in 3 different colors as well a customizable watch face, so you really can put your style on the tracker. You can also use the music controls and customize the soundtrack to your desire.
In terms of design, the Blaze is made up of 2 different parts. The first being a band attached to a stainless steel frame. All the guts of the tracker are together in a small, standalone black rectangle that comes with a color touchscreen display on the front, heart-rate monitors on the back and 3 buttons on the sides. So you need to put the tiny tracker into the frame, and then you’re good to go.
The basic model will come with an elastomer sports strap, available in blue, black, or plum. When you want to use a different band, you don’t swap the band itself; you just pop the tracker out and insert it into a new frame-and-band combo.
Fitbit promises 5 days of battery life, and when we review the gadget last for almost 6 days, of course, if you’re doing long workouts every day, you’ll probably burn through the battery faster, but even so, the battery lifespan is pretty good for a tracker.
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring.
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps(when the phone is nearby). Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
Finding the Right Activity Trackers for Men
While the fitness tracker category has been around for the past years, we are just now seeing the best smartwatches of 2017 hit the market. At least one of every ten adults in the U.S. are now wearing a smartwatch as part of their life to track their activities
This makes clear to us that activity tracker are just as common as headphones on the industry, but also, and more importantly, helping build a health-conscious culture dedicated to self-improvement.
These trackers can read our activities in ways that no personal trainer in the world could ever do. Giving us reliable, physical stats based on our daily movements and personal habits. And in some cases, they do it in a really cheap way.
What To Look For in the Best Fitbit for Men
For men, the best Fitbit is not just the one that can count calories and steps. They need extra features and something that they can use for a long time. So check the below features to have your needs cover and truly find the Best Fitbit for Men
- Display: Opt for a tracker with an OLED display to track daily metrics and even mobile notifications, or settle on an LED display for a less-distractive approach.
- Battery life: Something that lasts at least 5 days is a must
- Design: Depending on your style it must be comfortable and durable
- GPS: Look for a device with a built-in navigation system to accurately report on pace and distance.
- Heart Rate Monitor: Increasing your beats per minute is key to shedding weight, hence the need for an HRM.
- Mobile App: Not only is it commonplace for current trackers but also essential for managing fitness goals.
- Waterproof: Most trackers are water resistance, take into account a device that can sustain water damage.
At the end of the day, it’s all about getting the best Fitbit for men so depending on the man consider also the best tracker that suits the health needs as well as the workout preferences.